Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Wouldn't It Figure...

Due to my foolish ways, (that being eating in excess over my WP & AP) I decided that I had to go earn those additional points at the gym. Last night I came home and did Jillian Michael's 30 Day Shred, followed by 40 minutes of treadmill, 40 minutes of weights and 15 minute leisurely walk today. I had a late start to my day today, and ate a very responsible dinner. As a result, I was way under my daily points.

How come some days it all seems super easy. Wouldn't it figure that I go bust my butt to get points back, only to have plenty left over for today's total. Ugh. Well I ate them - and tried to eat them in a semi-responsible fashion. With WI coming tomorrow I am extremely nervous. I found out I don't need to take the day trip I was expecting to take tomorrow so I can get down to the gym early and maybe squeeze in another work out -- which may or may not be a good thing. I haven't decided if it is helpful to exercise on the day of WI. Any thoughts on this?

I am feeling smaller and more fit, and have certainly accomplished a great deal. I have gone to the gym at least the 3x a week that I promised myself and have committed to training for the Couch to 5k. These are big steps for me.

I started Weight Watchers back in 2006, and quit due to a lack of determination..and well...I am not really sure. I re-joined in Feb 2010, and have not missed one weigh in. Even when I went away on vacation out of province for a month. I am feeling much more able to do things (as far as things in the gym) and am even pushing myself. I can really see a difference starting to take place -- at least I think. I am hoping to see the results on the scale - only then will I be convinced. Isn't that terrible?

I do think that Exercise is the key that I needed. I've been on track (mostly) with the program. At least following the program, and using my flex. But I haven't made the effort on the exercise front. I hope I can keep it up when life gets more complicated.

I want to be committed, and determined. I want to keep it in part of my routine, but it never really was before. There is a whole self-confidence issue tangled in these thoughts. But that's another story.

In the meantime, I am super nervous to see how the scale reacts tomorrow. I am hoping for good news, or else...I'll be rather disappointed. But nevermind that now. POSITIVE thoughts! :) G'night all.

No comments:

Post a Comment